Thursday, October 9, 2008

I'm still alive!

Well it has clearly been a while since I last posted. I don't generally like to write at work because I get really distracted. Then by the time I get home I've lost all motivation to write or Zach is monopolizing the computer doing "homework". Stupid school. He does have straight A's so I guess I shouldn't complain.

So what's new....


The Crazy Banana (Missy dog) is 7 months old now! She's still sneaky and a bundle of energy, but we love her to bits. Who can't love a face like this...


We love her even when she gets into the mud and comes out looking like this.....

We have started leaving her in the kitchen all day like a big dog and she's doing well! They grow up so fast! *sniff sniff*


Our 1 year wedding anniversary is on Monday!! I can't believe it's been that long already. It's been a good ride and I'm looking forward to many fun years to come. Love you Zach!

My current obsession is getting back into shape. Before we moved to our new house I had quite the routine going on. I worked out pretty much 6 days a week for hours at a time. I was in fantastic shape (even though I thought I wasn't). Since we've moved I've gotten a little more lax on my schedule. It takes longer to get to the gym and after a long day of work and riding the bus home the last thing I want to do is drive to the gym. But that has to stop! I've started training for a 10K race that will happen in late November. I'm not a runner by any means. I actually pretty much hate running. I only started doing it because it's the only thing that gets me to shed pounds quickly, that's the main reason I run. The next reason I run is the way I feel afterwards. There is such thing as a 'runners high'. It's awesome! I feel so refreshed and calm. Plus it's when I get in my best 'thinking'.


So I found a 10K in Lee's Summit on 11/22. Yesterday I went to sign up and the damn thing was canceled!! I was super pissed. But I found a few others to choose from so it looks like I'll still hav my shot. The training isn't easy and it's definitely going to be a lot of work, but I need to focus on something. If I can do a 10K this year I might, just might think about a half marathon next year.


Yeah. I'm crazy.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers