Time to check in on how the good ol' New Years Resolutions are going eh?
Here's what I had planned:
-Maybe run that half marathon? Eh. I wouldn't bet on it. At least do 4 runs.
-Maintain weight loss and maybe get in even better shape.
-Continue home improvements.
And here's where I stand:
- Maybe run a half marathon. - Uh yeah. That didn't exactly work out. I thought I'd be more upset about it than I am too, so I guess I'm happy where I stand with running.
- At least do 4 runs. - 3 down, one to go! Shouldn't be a problem.
-Maintain weight loss and maybe get in even better shape - This one is sketchy. Have I maintained my weightloss? Sort of. Ok, not really. A little bit. Honestly, I've gained back about 5-7 pounds since the fitness challenge (lost 15). While upsetting, I still feel like I'm in really good shape! Right now I'm working on tweaking my fitness routine to keep the cardio up and take the weights down just a smidge. I feel like I was lifting to heavy of weights. I think I'm going to focus more on pilates and yoga types of resistance training. I'll still lift weights, yes, but maybe not as heavy. We'll see how it works. I also need to stop eating sugar. It's still my biggest weakness.
-Continue home improvements - Random. I guess we are doing that? We did quite a bit of work out in the yard and I'm very slowly working on "decorating" the inside of our house. We had planned on having a patio by now, but we grossly underestimated the cost of concrete. Outrageous. I still hope to have one by the end of the year though. :::nudgezachnudge:::
-TBD - I like how I kept things open! ha! Always room for more resolutions!
This is what else I want to do: (all of the above PLUS...)
- Focus on saving money, not spending it.
- Go on more dates with Zach. Doing whatever.
- Take more pictures that aren't of my dogs (but still a few of my dogs, ok).
- Take Hot Yoga
- Enjoy Christmas. People, you have no idea how much my job makes one hate Christmas. I work on Christmas stuff every. single. day. If I see one more snowman, poinsettia, candy cane or santa, I might shoot someone. However, this also makes me really sad. I used to LOVE Christmas, LOVE it. I want to get back to that.
So there we have it. Pretty attainable. Here's to a great second half of the year! How are YOU doing on YOUR resolutions!?