Monday, September 7, 2009

Wind Bound

I realize it's been a while since I've last written. There are a couple really crappy things going on in life right now, but I haven't quite found the words to talk about it yet. So, right now I'm focusing on my upcoming vacation.

Zach and I leave on Thursday morning for an extended weekend in Chicago! We are both pretty big U2 fans, and we told each other that when they went on tour next, we were definitely going to see them! Of course they aren't coming to KC, so we decided to plan our vacation around a show. Since we really didn't feel like vacationing in Norman, Oklahoma, Chicago was the next closest destination. I love, love, love Chicago and have been quite a few times. Zach was all for it and I quickly planned our vacation.

We'll be staying at my favorite spot, The Palmer House. I stayed there back when I was in college for a merchandising trip and totally fell in love with the hotel. It. Is. Gorgeous.

Apparently they just completed a renovation, so we *should* have a renovated room, but just in case, we are prepared to indulge in some old world victorian style if need be. I'm sure you can guess which is the renovated room below.


So we'll see. Other than the show, we really don't have a whole lot planned. I'd love to do the Architectural River Tour, go to the Museum of Science & Industry and eat at some deep dish stuffed pizza at Giordano's and do some shopping at H&M. We'll see what we get to. As of now I'm completely ignoring the weather reports, but definitely bringing umbrellas and ponchos just in case....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers