Thursday, January 19, 2012

David is 11 Weeks Old!

David continues to grow and change!  I feel like he's a totally different baby every day! 

The biggest news is sleep!  He's now sleeping at night exclusively in his crib (hope I didn't just jinx that!) He still gets up one or two times a night, but its generally pretty easy to get him back to sleep.  A couple times he's pulled out a 7 hour stretch, but we usually average about 5 hour stretches. I am definitely not complaining!  Now naptime? That's another story.  He is not a big fan of napping in his crib.  I usually get him down for about 20 to 30 minutes then he's back up.  I know he's tired because then he'll sleep in my arms for a good two hours!  While I absolutely LOVE holding him, I know I can't do it all the time, so I've been trying to be a little more persistent about putting him in the crib.  Right now it's working! The only reason I'm able to type this blog is because he's sleeping!! Plus I already worked out for 40 minutes AND took a shower! It's a miracle!!


He's more and more alert everyday too!  Just in the last couple days he's started to actually bat at some of his toys and grab on to a blanket or soft lovey when I put in on his lap. Adorable! The other night when Zach was talking to him he kept reaching for his face!  He LOVES his dad!! Oh my goodness, does he!

 His favorite spot to hang out is still his changing table.  He will lay there and just smile and kick and has even started "talking" to his best friend - a picture of a cow - every time he's up there. Even in the middle of the night. It makes diaper changes a lot more fun!


How am I doing? Alright. My maternity leave is over half gone now. I have really mixed emotions about it. I didn't think I'd miss work as much as I do. I always had lofty dreams of being a stay at home mom, and while it's not even an option for us, I just don't know if I could do it.  Don't get me wrong, I love being home with him and I'm cherishing every single second, but a part of me misses getting dressed and driving somewhere and doing something.  Then I think about dropping him off at daycare and feel sick to my stomach. So yeah, mixed emotions. I still have two more months to go (Thank You Hallmark!) but I need to start updating my resume (why I did not do this before leaving, I do not know) because while I'm guaranteed a job back, they couldn't hold my position so I need to get that all spiffed up because I'm sure whatever jobs are open, the manager is going to want to see my resume anyway.  Sigh.

I've been trying to work out more often. I'm finally starting to drop more weight. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that all the Christmas candy is finally gone (heh!) and I don't have time to eat big meals.  So yay! I still have a long ways to go, but I'm pretty happy with where I am so far! I am SO thankful that Zach got me a treadmill for my birthday. I can't even imagine what I'd do if I didn't have that!! We've both really loved having it for a quick workout whenever we have a few minutes! Total life-saver!


Sorry the pictures aren't the best. I've been bad about getting out the "big camera" so these are all taken with my camera phone.

OH! Here's a video I got of David playing with his first real toy!  At first I thought it was a fluke and he was just waving his arms, but no, it appears he was really playing with it, and having a GREAT time! (please do yourself a favor and mute this video. I need to learn to shut my trap when taking videos. I am so annoying! Ha!)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers