Thursday, March 15, 2012

Road Trippin'

We weren't planning on taking David up to Sioux Falls until May at the earliest, but with this crazy warm weather and perfect looking forecast we decided to hit the road!

Have you ever packed for a 4 month old to take a two-night trip? Good googliemooglie! I lost count of how many bags of stuff we had. I'm not sure what we are going to do if we ever add another kiddo. Or need to take a stroller! It was tight back there in the ol' Escape!
David did so well in the car. We kept reminding ourselves that this will likely be the easiest 6 hour trip we make since he's still rather sleepy, not mobile and easily amused. He slept the entire first half of the trip each way (3 hours) and lucky for us they just built a new shopping center in Council Bluffs so we had plenty of non truck stop or McDonalds options to change and feed David at. We settled on Panera and had a nice little lunch and let David eat and stretch his legs for a while. I'm not going to lie though, not having McDonalds french fries on the way to Sioux Falls made me feel a little shaky. They are a staple! Anyhoo.  The second half of each trip was a bit more woeful for the little guy. He wanted out of his seat so bad!! So I hopped in back and kept him amused and helped lull him back to sleep. It was probably the most fun trip to SF we've ever had :)

When we were there it was baby-pa-looza! Apparently everyone decided to have babies at the same time so we got to meet Davids brand new cousin Jude (1 month) "queen bee" Raina (6 months) and the "old guy" Elias (1.5 years). We had such a great time getting everyone together for numerous photo shoots! David also got to meet his Great-Grandparents and he loved it. He did SO well considering it was insanely hot and he was ready for a nap. A little tropper, we have.



Saturday night Zach and I got to go on a real-live date while Grandma watched the babe. We decided to go to Minerva's in Downtown Sioux Falls. Never disappoints! I had the Cajun Chicken Linguine and Zach and the Hunter's Ribeye. It was all so good! We both also got the famous salad bar which that night featured "Bacon Cheddar Soup", I mean, come on.  David was a wee bit fussy when we got home but otherwise he slept like a super dude the whole trip! I was so shocked!


I'm not quite sure when we'll be headed back up north but I'm sure it will be sooner than later! I think David's gonna like our Sioux Falls trips! I know we do :)


Here's a little slideshow Zach put together of all the pictures. Enjoy!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers