Friday, September 7, 2012

myringotomy


Well, Mr. David is getting tubes (myringotomy is what the procedure is called). 

We had our ENT appointment on Wednesday. I made a detailed list before we left of all the dates of his ear infections and what medicines were used to treat it and how much. The doctor looked at it and said it was probably one giant ear infection that never healed. Since May!  Poor baby!!!  She then looked at his ears. One was “ok” and the other she took one gander inside, said “now this one is very bad” and immediately leapt into her speech about tubes.  We didn’t need much convincing and just like that surgery was scheduled for Monday morning.

He’s been pretty off and on since then. Running a fever, going from happy to cranky at the drop of a hat, not napping, not eating much and sleeping restlessly at night.  So yeah, Monday can’t get here soon enough.

I’ve been pretty anxious and haven’t been able to concentrate on much since then. I was ok with the thought of tubes and the surgery up until the point she said “tiny knife”. I don’t know why, but that part is really messing with my head. I know it’s routine and I know he’ll be fine, but I won’t be able to rest easy until it’s over and he’s healthy again.  I look forward to him feeling better, that’s for sure. We’ve noticed he isn’t babbling quite as much lately and she thinks the amount of gunk in his ears makes it sound like he's underwater so that may be the reason. I’m really looking forward to getting my chatty, happy dude back.



Wish us luck.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers