Saturday, December 26, 2009

Holiday Ho-Hum's: Part 2

Well friends, things didn't get much better after I last posted.

My family spent our Christmas visiting my mom in the ICU. I don't really feel like going into all the details, but we had to rush her to the hospital when we were halfway through our Christmas Eve dinner. She's doing 'OK' now. Finally got moved into a regular room and might get to come home tomorrow. Only to go back to the hospital for surgery (for another issue) on Monday. She'll be in the hospital for 4-7 days just for that, plus a lot of recovery time at home.

Le Sigh.

I don't care that we missed "Christmas". It's just a day, but man alive, it was scary.

On top of the stress of my mom being in the hospital and not knowing what is going on. We were struck with a full on, actual, blizzrd. A BLIZZARD! And not the kind you get a Dairy Queen. Everyone that knows me knows I turn into an absolute wreck when it comes to driving (or riding) in the snow. Basket. Case.

So the past three days have about done me in.

The good news is that my whole family was together on Christmas, just not where we planned, and it looks like my mom is going to be ok. I guess that's about as good as you can ask for given the circumstances, right?

Onward.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers