Monday, January 18, 2010

Fitness Update

Well, it's been a few months since the fitness challenge has ended. It sure doesn't seem like it. I feel like it was just yesterday I was being told I was "skinny fat" and having my stomach pinched by a stranger in front of a photographer and journalist....

I am not going to lie to you all, the holidays were rough. Real rough. I was doing pretty well up until the actual holiday. Then it all went downhill-ish.

Hospital food + Christmas +Fast Food+ New Years + Blizzard + No Gym + Stress Eating = 5 pounds.

I was LUCKY it was only five pounds.

Last week I kicked it back into gear and lost two of those pounds and feel like I'm back in control. It was sketchy there for a while.  It's just crazy how fast you can go back to the way things were. At first when I'd eat junk I'd feel bad and sick and disgusted with myself. After a while that goes away and it all becomes normal again. I had to really knock some sense back into myself and throw out all the junk. Let me tell you, throwing perfectly good Christmas cookies in the trash is hard!  But now I'm back in the gym 5-6 times a week and eating my normal food.  The weekends are still iffy, but not nearly as gluttonous as they were there for the past 3 weeks.

So, here we go again.  I know I can lose those other 3 pounds no problem and I'd really like to add a few more after that too, since summer will be here before I know it. Plus I have that race coming up in March that I've got to get ready for (which is a 10K by the way. I kinda forgot to mention that in my initial post! Ha!), so getting my cardio in has a little extra motivation behind it.

It does still feel really good starting 2010 off to such a good start!  As I keep telling myself : Snacks-Bad. Skinny-Good!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers