Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cowboy Cookies

E Cowboy Cookie

For Christmas this year my friends and I decided to do baked goods for our annual "Girls Christmas" instead of gifts. Sounded good to me as I had already planned on giving some Mason Jar Cookies as my gift anyway. I just needed to find a good recipe.

I found this one over on Bakerella's Site. They looked really good and very simple. And they were!

E Cowboy Cookie jar

I gave them to 5 people and realized afterward that I never actually made the recipe myself! Oops! So, I decided to try it out this past weekend.

Much to my delight they were VERY easy to make and super tasty!

Cowboy Cookies

1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cooking oats
3/4 cup M&M's
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3-1/2 cup chopped pecans (I didn't use this and there would have been NO WAY they'd fit in the jar
1 slightly beaten egg
1/2 cup butter (melt slightly in the microwave)
1 teaspoon vanilla


Mix all the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients (Basically a 1 bowl cookie mix! Awesome!), mix together well. Roll into 1/2 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.



E Cowboy Cookies 1

They turned out great!  Definitely a keeper! They oats gave it a really nice texture instead of just regular chocolate chip cookie (which I totally can't make...) They are also jam packed with chocolaty goodness. Nobody's going to be fighting over the one with more chips with these cookies! Mmmm, delish! 
E Cowboy Cookies Stacked new
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers