Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Meet Redford

Back in February my parents (well mostly my Mom) decided to add on to their family. Zach and I were out and about one Saturday afternoon when we got a random Mom-Text with a picture of her new furry friend, Redford.



Redford has had quite the journey. He was found as a stray by a local shelter and covered in scratches from being out on his own. His time was about to run out at that shelter when Wayside Waifs saved him.  Now, everybody knows I have a special soft spot in my heart for Wayside Waifs, as it is where I got my Missy. A few years ago I also volunteered there and it was so rewarding. I need to get back on that.  Anyway, Wayside saved him, cleaned him up and got him ready to adopt. He was at Wayside a couple months when my mom saw his furry mug on the internet. She talked my dad into "Just Going To Look", which in my family translates into "Go Get A Dog".   He was missing a few patches of hair due to being shaved for the scratches to heal and had some stitches on his chest, but was in otherwise good condition for his age (6 years).

He's turned out to be the worlds most perfect dog.  He's barked probably a total of 7 times since he's been home. Never once had an accident in the house, doesn't jump or beg, does what he's told and is just generally the worlds most happy and content dog.  I cannot imagine how someone could just let him go.  He's pefectly willing to spend most his day just lounging around on his pillow and will occasionally bring you a toy to toss.  Such a good boy.  He's even helped Ted out with some training issues.  He is very patient when it comes to training Ted, as is my dad. We are very grateful.



So, say hello to Redford!  Zach and I call him "Big Red" for obvious reasons. Go Huskers!

If you are thinking about adding to your family, please consider rescuing. Trust me, it is so worth it. There is no greater gift you can give a dog. They will pay you back a million fold in slobbery kisses, cuddles and loyalty.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers