Thursday, March 4, 2010

My "Lazy" Workout

I wasn't really in the mood to go to the gym today. I was totally going to just lay around and watch tv and be a total bum.  I had an irritating day, so I thought I deserved it.  Until on a whim, I stepped on the scale.



It is TIME TO GET BACK WITH THE PROGRAM! Holy hell.

Anyway, I didn't feel like getting everything ready to put the dogs on lockdown to leave the house, so I resorted to a few fitness videos I recently bookmarked.

The first one was Jamie Eason's Plyometrics workout. I don't know who Jamie Eason is, but I found her video through facebook. A friend was a fan or something, I don't know.  Anyway, she uses a deck of cards to count how many of each exercise she did, but that seemed like a waste of time so I just did 20 reps of each exercise and repeated the sequence FOUR TIMES.

Here's the program:
  • Squat Jumps
  • Jumping Jacks
  • Alternate Jump Lunges (no cheating, gotta do both legs to count as 1, same with all the exercises that alternate legs)
  • High Knees
  • Mountain Climbers
  • Butt Kicks
  • Pushups
  • Jumping Jacks (again)
  • Cruches or Bicycles
It might look easy, but I was sweating like a crazy person. It was HARD. Ted kept barking at me because he probably thought I was dying.  I made it though. I have a feeling my legs are going to hate me in the morning.

NEXT I decided to get ambitious and try Gwyenth Paltrow's arm routine. I found this on my most favorite gossip website. Bricks and Stones! Great time waster if you are ever in need of a mind break.  Anywhoo. Apparently this is the "Tracy Anderson Method" Again, I do not know who Tracy Anderson is, but I have a feeling I'll be looking into it because this was great!  It was fun and I think once you get the hang of it, you can even get a little funky with it!



So there you have it! My in-a-pinch workout! The best part was that there was no equipment needed, so it was super easy! I feel like I got a pretty decent workout in, which is good because I really need to get back with the program. It's GO TIME.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers