Friday, November 19, 2010

Fill in the Blanks Friday! - Thanksgiving Edition

1. My Thanksgiving plans this year will include heading to the gym bright and early for my own little 5K. I usually try to do an actual race (my first race EVER was on Thanksgiving!), but just didn't feel like shelling out the cash this year and had a sneaking suspicion that it was going to be super cold this year. Turns out I was right! It's going to be COLD on Thursday so I think I'll just go for a nice little run in my climate controlled gym, thank you very much. Heck, maybe I'll even make it a 10K :) After that I'll bum around the house then head to my aunts house for the Anello family eat-a-palooza and then home to scour the Black Friday ads and watch some TV with Zach. Can't wait!

2. My favorite Thanksgiving was (no offense extended family) the one that was just me, my parents and my brothers. It was way back when and I can't remember why we did it, but we busted out the china and had a nice little dinner. Just us. Holiday family time is awesome, but I'm easily overwhelmed, so it's good every once in a while to just go back to basics, but normally I do like all the big hooplah.

3. My signature Thanksgiving dish is dessert. I've never made anything else. Like, ever. Ok, well, once I made mashed potatoes. Just once (but not for Thanksgiving). I really need to start cooking more, no? Anyway, I make a wide variety of pumpkin desserts. My pumpkin roll is good. So are my pumpkin bars. And my pumpkin bread. But, this year I think I'm going with pumpkin whoopie pies.

4. My favorite Thanksgiving food is DESSERT! Yum yum! Pecan Pie is my favorite. I do also love apple pie. And pumpkin stuff. And cake! And whatever else you can give me filled with sugar. Thankfully my family is BIG on desserts, so there is never a shortage. I hardly eat any actual dinner and save all my room for dessert. That being said, I had NEVER tried sweet potatoes until last year. They just looked....weird. So I stayed far, far away. WHY oh WHY didn't anyone tell me that THEY ARE THE BEST THINGS EVER!? It's like dessert! For dinner! My goodness.... delicious. I must learn how to make them (with like a gallon of butter, brown sugar and of course, marshmallows on top!)

5. Thanksgiving is just kind of another day for me. I don't know, it's no big deal. Never has been. Eh. I'm kind of ready for it to be over. I do enjoy the two days off work though! :)

6. I am thankful for my husband, my dogs, my cat, my family, my friends, my job, my house and possessions, my families health, to live in America and all that other good stuff!

Gobble! Gobble!

1 comment:

Kit said...

I have always wanted to run a race on Thanksgiving....I guess there is always next year :)

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers