Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Sporting Event

Thursday evening Zach and I attended a happy hour for Sporting KC. For those that don't know, that's the new name for the Wizzards, Kansas City's pro soccer team.  Zach has become a huge soccer fan in the past year or so. So, when he found out that they were building a fancy new soccer stadium for the team he was gung-ho! Through some other events, Zach has made friends with one of the reps for the Sproting so when we purchased a season ticket package (4 games) we got invited to this happy hour thing at their main office to check out the renderings for the new stadium.  Zach really wanted to go and it was close to my work so he picked me up and we headed over. 

 It was neat to see the office. It's in a loft downtown and was done quite well.  There were quite a few people there checking out everything. They also had an open bar. I requested a glass of white wine and it came in what might be the worlds largest wine glass. I'm fairly certain I had an entire half bottle of wine in there.  I knew I was in trouble when the bartender held up the bottle and said "eh, I'm just going to pour the rest in." Oh my! We chatted it up with a few of the Sporting staff, checked out the pictures and video tour then went about our merry way. I'm not really one for hobnobbing.  I would be a terrible socialite.

Check out the model of the new stadium. It looks pretty cool!

I felt so important with my own little name tag, even though I hate name tags. When I picked it up I noticed it was sitting right next to one that said "Mike Sweeney".  Oooh!   He never showed though.

So yeah, soccer.  Woo.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers