Thursday, December 15, 2011

David is Six Weeks Old

Six weeks already!  I have a feeling I'm going to start each update post with that sort of disbelief.  The time is really flying.

I am not exactly sure what to say that has changed since my last update, but I'm sure there's a ton.  He's still pretty much in the same routine that he's been in since we brought him home. He gets up every three hours to eat On. The. Dot.  Once in a very great while he'll sleep longer, but usually it's exactly three hours, around the clock.  I keep waiting for some longer stretches at night and hope they are coming soon... The books I have say six weeks is when they start to finally figure things out, so we'll see about that.

We are also trying to work on sleeping in the crib.  Right now he's not a fan. He sleeps in our room in the pack & play at night (very well, thankfully) and for naps he's usually in his swing (seriously, we'd be lost without that thing!) or sometimes in his little baby seat. We put him in the crib and he'll even put himself to sleep in there but without fail wakes up within an hour screaming.  We'll just keep at it, someday he'll get it.

Meals are still his favorite thing. He eats about 8 times a day and loves every second of every meal. And when it's time to eat and we are taking too long getting the bottle ready - watch out. Hangry to the max! He must get that from me...


His fifth week was a big one though.  I hosted the 10th annual "Girls Christmas" get-together. Usually we go out to eat, but since I'm not comfortable taking David out yet, I had it at my house instead. We had a great time eating appetizers and lots of sweets. David slept most the night but made sure to wake up and have a major scream-fest right before everyone left.  Luckily Zach was home from work early so he could help me out.


Then, this past Tuesday Zach and I had our first day-date since we had David.  We dropped him off at my parents and went to lunch and did some Christmas shopping. We were only gone a little over two hours, but it was nice to get out, just me and him again. And, much to my surprise, it wasn't THAT hard leaving David.  I knew he was in good hands (and would be sleeping most the time...)


The next few weeks are big ones! His first Christmas is coming up and I'm looking forward to it so much!  I hope he's in the spirit because he's got lots of places to go!  Church, Grandma and Grandpa's, and then both Great-Grandparents houses!  It should be fun!  Then the next week he has his two month appointment (TWO MONTHS!) and his shots.  I'm not looking forward to that, but I am looking forward to seeing how much he's grown.  Wow. Time is just slipping by.  I am SO thankful that I don't have to go back to work until the end of March!  I know it will be here before I know it though.... Till then I'm going to soak up every day with him!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers