Friday, February 10, 2012

100 Days

Today, David is 100 days old.


 That sounds like a really long time and at the same time, no time at all.

I've been doing this for 100 days. That sound crazy to me. 100 days of non-stop David.

At this point it's hard to even remember what it was like 101 days ago. You never really realize how carefree life is before kids until after you have one I suppose. Not that I'm complaining.

I'm the type of person that takes some time to "warm up" to things. While I was completely ready and totally excited to be a mom, I didn't quite know how to deal with it at first. I was a constant mess of worry, frustration, confusion and "oh my God, I'm doing it wrong-dom". Now, 100 days later I feel much more comfortable in this new role. I know David so well right now and I can tell what he likes and what he doesn't like. I know what his cries mean.  I know when he's hungry, when he's tired and when he wants me stop hugging on him and put him down so he can play! Oh sure, most of the time I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing, but I figure that's pretty normal (and that it never goes away). It's true that I love that little baby more and more every day. I can't get enough of his smell (intoxicating!) and his cold little hands, his big ol' feet,  those bright blue eyes and that messy, crazy hair. And that smile. Oh my goodness, I do anything for that smile. I stare at him constantly and can't believe how much he changes just from the time I put him down to sleep to when I get him out of the crib in the morning. He is very alert, but quiet and seems to always be taking things in. Something tells me he might take after me in that respect. Someone described him as an "old soul" and I think that about nails it. He will forever be my little baby and while I know babies don't keep, I like to think that he'll always be this sweet. I love him beyond words.

We still have lots more hundred days to go, our little family, but these first 100 I will remember forever. And ever.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers