Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Baby Two ~ 34 Weeks

How Far Along:  34 Weeks - Baby is the size of a bag of sugar... I guess? 

Boy or Girl:  I am so convinced it's a boy that I feel like I'm lying to people when I tell them we didn't find out. I am so mad at that ultrasound tech, she ruined everything. Even though everyone tells me that techs frequently call babies "he" I still think she totally gave it away...3 times (and only after she saw the goods). So there, that's why I'm sure it's a boy, even when we don't technically "know"

Maternity Clothes: Unless they are my ultra-comfy gaucho pants, I hate clothes. 

Sleep: Been sleeping really really well (unless I take a nap, and then I can't fall asleep to save my life. Last night I was up until 3am. So, no more naps for me I guess)

Best Moment: The room is pretty much totally put together. I need Zach to assemble the bookcase and hang the curtains but otherwise, it's done. I only have one load of laundry left to do too. I wanted everything done by September 1, and it looks like I just might beat my goal!
Worst Moment: We found out Zach's 10-day work trip got moved. We thought it would be later, but turns out it's earlier. So, best case scenario the baby will be almost a month old. Worst case scenario the baby will be less than a week old. [Insert nervous laughter here.]
David also caught a cold this week and we had a couple miserable nights. One involving needing to be soothed back to sleep every half hour all night long. It was definitely a taste of what's to come...

Miss Anything: Sitting comfortably. No position is comfortable anymore, not even sitting in the recliner. 

Movement: I'm fairly sure the baby has dropped and is getting big because movement is still there all the time but it's not super noticeable. Lots of times I don't feel anything but look down and see things wiggling around. Still majorly front and center though. I'm thankful for not getting all wide this time like I did with David.

Cravings: I think lemonade is going to be the headline for this pregnancy. It always sounds perfect, even though it gives me heartburn, I can't help myself. 

Aversions: Same ol' stuff. I also don't have much of an appetite anymore. Nothing sounds particularly good and I can't eat much at all in one sitting.
Oh I remember this:I wish I could remember what contractions feel like. I keep thinking I'm having some but I have no clue. I guess that means no because I'm sure I'll be "oh yeah!" when I get a real one. For now I'm just very crampy and uncomfortable....all the time.

Well this is new:  I am not nearly as swollen as I was when I was this far along with David. It's pretty fantastic! We'll see if it keeps up as the summer heat has finally decided to arrive....
Looking forward to: finishing everything up so I can sit back and relax these last few weeks.
How's David: The other day he puffed out his stomach and announced that "my baby is getting big! He's gonna come out soon!" Ha! We are currently working on trying to get him to be better about playing on his own. It's not going so well. He's always been a little high matinance in this department, ever since he was born. He's just always needed to be entertained. We'll keep working on it, but I'm afraid he's going to be really upset when I can't drop everything and play at a moments notice when the baby is here. 


....and before we get too far I wanted to capture my predictions for this baby.  Just for fun!

-I think the baby will be born on September 17 (10 days before I'm due)
-I think I will go into labor during the night and it will be contractions this time, not my water breaking
-I think labor will be shorter, but more painful
-I think it will be a boy
-I think baby will have less hair than David and it will be lighter
-I think baby will be smaller than David, low 7lbs

Next week I'll see what Zach has to say :) 

(sorry about the formatting. Blogger is the worst.)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers