Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Baby Two ~ 39 Weeks

 
How Far Along:  39 Weeks - Cannot imagine getting any bigger or more uncomfortable. 
Boy or Girl: Had two vivid boy dreams this week. Everyone else still insists it's a girl. I hope they aren't too upset when it comes out totally a boy. I'd personally be thrilled either way.
Maternity Clothes: Pants are the enemy.
Sleep: Nope. We are done with that. I'm up at least every half hour and am having a hard time falling back asleep. I'm also not feeling very tired, I just lie there wide awake.
Best Moment: I took David out to breakfast this morning and he was SO excited about it. He's been having some rough mornings so I thought I'd surprise him with a special trip before I took him to daycare before my doctor appointment.  We also all went to my cousins wedding this weekend and it was nice. I didn't think I'd be up for it (I really thought I'd be home with a newborn honestly...) but it was good to get dressed up one more time and go out for a bit. 
Worst Moment: Pretty much anytime I'm getting up and having to walk. I feel like my hips are being ripped apart, the right one especially. I'm OK once I get going, but the initial minute or so of walking is torture. I feel so ridiculous. 
Miss Anything: I miss everything but being able to walk without pain and having feeling back in my hands would be up there at 1 and 2.
Movement: Not a ton anymore but when baby does move it's really in there punching. I keep hoping for a really big water-breaking kick!
Cravings: Pizza. All the time. And lemonade. And diet coke.
Aversions: Ground beef and fried foods
Oh, I remember this: I feel like I constantly have to be "ready". I'm currently hauling around most of my life in my purse including cell phone charger, makeup, snacks, hair ties, notebook and everything else. I still force myself to shave my legs every single day and do my hair every morning. I try to keep the house mostly tidy and clean, laundry kept up with and dishes washed, when I really just want to say forget it. Major thanks to Zach for pulling most of the weight in the cleaning department right now.... I'm pretty worthless when it comes to that right now.
Well this is new: This pain. I do not remember being in this much pain at the end last time. Then again I've never been THIS pregnant before. Sigh.
Looking forward to: LABOR. Come on now, anytime. I had my last doctor appointment today. The next time I go in is to have a baby. An induction date has been set, but I'd really prefer to go on my own. Not much progress has been made since last week. 2.5 cm but still only 50% effaced. I was pretty disappointed, but the baby will come when the baby will come, right?
How's David: He seems to be getting a little impatient too. He asks where the baby is every time I pick him up from daycare. He's also started asking if he can give the baby hugs and has been wanting to play toys with the baby, so he'll hug my belly and then hold toys up to it and ask if he likes them. Ha! Oh and he's also started saying it's going to be a brother. 



No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers