Sunday, April 18, 2010

Our First Tree

Earlier today I took a drive through my very first neighborhood. We live right down the street from it, but I haven't driven through since pretty much the week we moved in.  I don't know why. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to see that not much has changed. The whole neighborhood was crawling with kids, playing catch, riding bikes, running a muck.  It was so neat.  The one thing that DID change? Trees! Whoa trees! They are all so huge now! I remember my mom and dad planting trees one year when we were little. We had a "Stephanie Tree" and a "Vincent Tree".  They are gigantic now! So when Zach and I decided to plant some trees this weekend, I couldn't help but feel like we are making our own mark in the world.

After 5 trips to Lowe's/Home Depot/Westlake, 3 trees now take residence in our yard.  Yay!  I feel like a real home owner now!  Major props to Zach for all the manual labor.  We found out our front yard consists of mostly rock under the grass, so yeah, that hole was fun to dig.  I think we did a fairly good job and can't wait for our next landscaping project! (re-doing the landscaping under the front windows).  Also, it would be really cool if the grass seed we threw would start to grow in the back...

Ted made sure to supervise the whole process. 

The trees in the back look similar, it was getting dark and the pictures didn't turn out.  We went for a Redbud in the front and a Autumn Blaze Maple and Weeping Willow in the back.  We have put fences around the ones in back so hopefully Missy-Digs-A-Lot will leave them alone.  Good news is that they were on sale for $7, so if something DOES happen, we'll be ok.  Grow, trees! Grow! 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers