Sunday, April 25, 2010

Trolley Run 2010

Today was the Trolley Run.  It's one of my favorites and this was my 3rd year doing it.  The weather was yucky all weekend. Rainy and cool.  Blah! It was raining my whole drive in and then just sprinkling until it was time to line up.  So I totally lucked out!

So, I have a secret. I have never once run an entire race without stopping to walk. Even if it's just a little bit, I've always walked some in every race.  Until today. That's right! I ran straight through the 4 miles! I was so proud of myself.  I knew I could do it, so I did. 

I'm not in a particularly chatty mood, so I'm not going to detail the whole race, but I felt good.  Nice and strong the whole race. My ankles hurt a little bit, but I think it was mostly because I was cold before the race started and didn't get totally stretched out. Other than that, all was good! I even beat last years time by nearly 2 minutes! I was hoping it would be faster, but I just need to accept the fact that I'm not a fast runner. And that's ok!

Here's the breakdown
Distance: 4 Miles
Time: 35:29
Pace: 8:25
Overall: 2321/7630
Division (Female/Age 25-29): 180/837
Female: 700/4373

Now I just have to get ready for the Hospital Hill Half in June. On Friday after work I did 8.5 miles and while I had to walk a little, I did it and felt good! Just gotta keep going....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers