Sunday, May 9, 2010

Funky Funk

I have been neglecting the 'ol blog here.  I just haven't been in a huge mood to write.  Nothing's the matter, just nothing really interesting to say I suppose.

Summer is starting to get into full swing. Am I ready? No.  I had a few (ok, more than a few) weeks of eating terribly and forgetting my meal plans and hoovering all the carbs and desserts I could get my paws on.  It's such a slippery slope folks. Terrible.

I've been in a bit of a funk about the whole deal, but haven't done much about it.  I really need to whip myself back into gear. I no longer have desserts in my house and don't plan on baking or buying any until I'm back on course. Hopefully I can stay strong. Oh and farewell dear pizza, farewell....

I've been going back and forth and back and forth on the whole half marathon deal.  Most of the time I want to quit and forget about it. I've even gone so far as to actually type out the email to the race director to change my race from the half marathon to the 10k, but I chicken out on sending it every time.  So, as of today, the race is still on.  I need to get out there and run 11 miles tomorrow. After work. Yeah.  I was supposed to do it yesterday, but it was crazy windy and I had a crap ton of stuff to do so  instead of spending 2 hours running I went to the gym and lifted. Then I was supposed to do it today after family brunch but I opted for a 3 hour nap instead. Ooops. So, that leaves me with tomorrow after work. Fun.   June 5th cannot get here soon enough. I just want to get this over with and then get back to my normal workout routine. I miss you, elliptical machine!!!!  I just know that if I don't do this race, I will regret it for the rest of my life. So, come hell or high water, I will finish.

The pupperonis are good. Nobody's really caused a whole lot of trouble lately. Well, except last weekend Ted decided to remove one of our new trees.
Isn't he cute? Ha.

Next weekend Zach and I are going to Sioux Falls. I haven't been back there since Christmas 2008! Yikes! Summer last year was crazy with Ted being a puppy and Missy still being puppyish. Also, Zach's job has him working on Sundays and they are hard to get off, so we just haven't made it back.  I'm excited to be going. It will be nice to get out of here for a little bit and maybe, actually, sleep past 6:45! Who knows?! It could be crazy!

Work is positively insane. We had a big re-shuffle and I'm now doing my old job plus the job of someone else. I. Am. Dying.

And that's about it!   Till next time!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers