Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

I've never really *loved* banana bread. I've always eaten it, sure, but it's never quite been something I crave. Then again, I don't really care for bananas anyway.  However, Zach loves bananas so we always seem to have a few on hand after the bunch goes brown.  I usually just make your standard run-of-the-mill banana bread and call it a day.  We typically eat a couple slices then toss it.

Well, it was treat day at work Wednesday and I didn't have a whole lot on hand to make, except for a few 'naners. So, off to one of my new favorite places to find recipes, The Tasty Kitchen. TONS of options.  I also knew I had a few chocolate chips on hand, so I wondered if there were any chocolate chip banana breads out there.... BOY WERE THERE!  I pretty much picked this one because it A) looked easy, B) I had most the stuff and C) Hmm... Sour Cream? That might be interesting.

It was awesome! Everyone loved it and I have had to really resist eating the entire second loaf myself... heh.  I'm pretty sure I'll definitely be craving this again soon!

 *Sorry for the single poor-quality image. I kinda forgot to take a picture when we had a whole loaf... and when it was light out. Live and learn.

So, thank you, brittgarrett, this was delish! 

CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD

½ cups Butter, Room Temperature
1-¼ cup Sugar
2 whole Eggs
½ cups Sour Cream
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Mashed Ripe Bananas (usually Equals 2 Bananas)
1-¾ cup Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 pinch Salt
¾ cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Beat together until blended the butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream, vanilla, and mashed ripe bananas.

Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips.

Pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake for 40-50 minutes (you will want to keep an eye on it, as ovens vary). Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removal.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers