Monday, August 16, 2010

Week 1 Update : Fitness Challenge 2.0

So, I'm one week into my self-proclaimed fitness challenge.  So far, so good!  The first week wasn't quite as hard as I had thought it would be.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm following my diet pretty closely, but not QUITE as strict.  That being said, I did eat really well Sunday through Thursday. I ate mostly eggs, chicken, lean turkey meat, low carb bread and tortillas, fruit and some jello.

Friday through Sunday I was a little more lax and I wish I wouldn't have been. I didn't really go OVERBOARD (well except for the cookie incident last night), but did let myself have some pizza on Friday and ice cream on Saturday. I'm not sure what's up this summer, but I cannot get enough ice cream!!  Don't get me wrong, I love ice cream, but I usually don't CRAVE it like I have this summer (and no, not pregnant, nice try). I'm going to blame the extra hot temperatures outside. At least I've stopped buying cartons of the stuff, so I don't have it at home anymore. I think the occasional ice cream trip is a summer requirement, so I'm trying not to feel guilty about it.

Working out has been going great!!  There's really nothing new to my routine there. Just trying to push myself a little harder each time I'm at the gym.  I am looking forward to some cooler temperatures so I can start running outside again though.

So that's week one!  I didn't weigh myself the first week because I always get frustrated when I don't see immediate results. So I'm waiting until week two.

Healthy Thoughts!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers