Monday, September 19, 2011

Pregnancy - Week 32

Today marks the last day of my thirty-second week.  The countdown is officially ON!

We started week 32 off with a Royals game. I hadn't been all year and Zach and I had some gift cards that we needed to use. Luckily the weather was awesome and it was his night off.  Un-luckily we got there too late and didn't get a free t-shirt.  There may have been moping, whining and whimpering involved. But that quickly went away after a yummy hot dog (which made me sick, but it was worth it!). The Royals won and we had a great time!  We are trying to get in as many "date nights" as we can before this kiddo gets here!

Thursday was my Hallmark shower! I've said it before, but Hallmark is really great at celebrating big events.  Life is a Special Occasion don't you know! My good friends Jessica, Ann-Marie and Stacy threw it for me and so many of my co-workers chipped in and got me some REALLY awesome group gifts and some really thoughtful individual gifts. I'd post pictures, but apparently my camera ate them?? I don't know what happened, but there are only a couple on there and I'm also not sure my co-workers want their picture plastered on the internet. So you'll just have to take my word on it that it was fabulous!

This weekend was pretty low-key.  We were originally going to head up to Lincoln for a Nebraska game but unfortunately Zach had a test for school that couldn't be rescheduled so we had to stay home. I think that was probably for the best in my case since I've started getting some pretty noticeable Baxton Hicks contractions ("practice" contractions that aren't real labor, but can sure trick you into thinking it is!).  Friday night was pretty rough and I got a little nervous, so Saturday I did nothing. Seriously, I sat in the recliner all day. Zach said I was on "chair rest"! Ha!  I was feeling much better by that evening and Sunday morning that I think I over did it again on Sunday.  I started feeling awful again so I just had to stop what I was doing and sit down.  It's getting really frustrating, not being able to do what normally felt like no big deal, but I guess if I have to be lazy, I have to be lazy.  Who complains about that? I guess I do.

I've also started working on training the dogs that they aren't numero uno anymore.  I have read that I'm supposed to gradually start giving them less attention (you try that when a Great Dane sticks his schnoz right in your face...) to gradually ease them into what it will be like when the baby comes. I've  also started trying to throw off our routines a little bit by leaving them outside longer, feeding myself before them, making them play by themselves and so on.  I hope it helps. I can definitely tell they know something is up.  Ted's been pretty good about just going in "his room" and sleeping but Missy has been absolutely GLUED to my side the past few weeks.  She's very sensitive and if I so much as sniffle she thinks I'm upset and is immediately right there.  I can't decide if this a good or bad thing.  I have a feeling she's going to want to be the baby's best friend.  We'll see what happens....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States