Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Baby Two ~ 24 Weeks

 
 
How Far Along:  24 weeks - baby is the size of a cantaloupe
Boy or Girl: I still feel like it's a boy, but I've allowed myself to entertain the thought that it might be a girl. We should probably think of some names....
Maternity Clothes: Already getting bored of wearing the same things over and over, but I refuse to buy more.
Sleep: I have been sleeping pretty well but I wake up a thousand times a night which makes it feel like I'm not sleeping very much. I've been having some really vivid dreams though!
Best Moment: I had a great 33rd birthday! David has been on quite the sleeping kick and slept in until 9 both days this weekend!! Friday night we went to Downtown Days in Lee's Summit and had a great time! David rode lots of rides (including his first roller coaster, which was held together with duct tape and he took his seat belt off halfway through the ride and the operator didn't notice! Zach had to run and tell him. Yeah. No more traveling fair roller coasters!) Saturday I got my hair done, did some shopping and went to the Royals game with Zach. The weather was amazing! So, great birthday, that's for sure! 
Worst Moment: Nothing too bad this week! Can't complain.
Miss Anything: Not getting winded doing normal everyday things.
Movement: YES, a lot! The biggest movements seem to happen at night after I get up for a bathroom break. If I lie on my back he goes crazy with the kicking. Last night I swear to you I felt a leg moving around in there from the outside! I never felt anything like that with David, ever!
Cravings: All the bad things :( Especially pizza and ice cream. 
Aversions: ground beef, greasy food.
Oh, I remember this: Let the stroller obsession begin. I can't even tell you how long I spent looking at strollers and watching stroller videos on YouTube when I was pregnant with David. I thought for sure the second time around would be different, but no. Double strollers are going to end me. It wouldn't be so bad if David wasn't so big! I think I'm just going to have to take him to the store to test drive them with me. Hoping the Joovy Caboose is the winner though. Affordable and good reviews!
Well this is new: I can wear perfume again! With David I could never use any scented body wash, lotion or perfume, it all smelled so bad to me. I've noticed in the past few weeks I'm totally fine using my fruity body wash and wearing my perfume. Yay! Also with David I couldn't take hot showers. It's been no problem with this one. Thank goodness!
Looking forward to: A weekend with no plans! We've been go-go-go for a while it seems. I might make a trip to the baby store and plan on working on clearing out the nursery closet. I need to find a place to stash my wedding dress! Poor thing is still dirty in the bag from the night we got married. Oops. Also looking forward to my next appointment. I'm anxious to see what I'm measuring at and am kind of afraid the answer is "huge".  Ha!


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers