Friday, November 13, 2009

Fitness Challenge - The Home Stretch

I go in for my final weigh in and photo shoot on Sunday!! I can't believe it's almost over. I feel like I just started!

I gotta say, these last two weeks have been rough for me. I'm still not feeling totally better. I know for a fact that I didn't rest nearly enough as I should have, but the thought of not losing any weight the last two weeks was too much for me to handle, so I pusehd through some pretty tough workouts anyway. My lungs are angry at me, but I'll be sure to give them a rest on Monday and Tuesday. As for now, it's go time!

My scale says I've lost a significant chunk of weight. I haven't seen that number on the scale in a couple years and it feels really good to have it back. I have definitely decided I don't want to see that number go up again either. I don't mind this new way of eating and working out like a crazy lady as much as I thought I would. Sure, I miss being able to "just eat whatever" but most of the time I realize it's simply not worth it. I'm totally committed to keeping things up, even after Sunday. Now don't get me wrong, Sunday night I'm totally chowing down. I'm thinking pizza. And breadsticks. And dessert! But then Monday it's back to the ol' standard!

I randomly pulled out a pair of jeans I haven't worn in well over a year (had them almost 3 years now) and put them on this morning. MUCH to my surprise and delight they fit better than they did the day I bought them. I snuck a peek at the size and they are a size SIX!!! I couldn't believe it. I did a happy dance right there in my closet! I've still put off trying on my Most Favorite Pair of Jeans Ever. I want to lose a couple more pounds first. I look forward to rocking them very soon!

Full recap of the final weigh in will be coming next week! Fingers crossed for me!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Congrats! Good for you for sticking to it. Through the holidays is tough--I know I'm already struggling to get my runs in--but I know you can do it!

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers