Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fitness Challenge - 4 Week Check-In

Well, things with the fitness challenge are still going well. I was really nervous all week because my scale wasn't moving, like at all. So I emailed my trainer, we tweaked a couple things and I totally started watching my salt intake. I also killed it at the gym 8 days in a row (oof!)

So, I'm very happy to say that I'm now down 10 pounds and 6 percent body fat! WooooHooo!

I'm about 5 pounds away from my "goal" but I'm really happy with where I am at now. I think 5 pounds in the next 2 weeks is a pretty lofty goal, but I'm going to give it my best.

Unfortunately I started getting sick last night. It all started with this uncomfortable feeling in my throat and gradually worked up to where I could barely swallow or talk by the time I went to bed, totally exhausted, at 9pm. I woke up this morning even worse off. I called in sick (for the first time in 4 years) and went to the CVS Minute Clinic and to get checked for strep. Thank goodness it was negative! I just have a killer cold. It's now moved out of my throat and into my head. I'm stuffy, got that gross post nasal drip and now I'm starting to cough. So, I'm kind of freaking out. Ted The Great Dane got neutered yesterday, so he's not feeling the best either, so we just snoozed the day away together. I'm feeling a *tiny* bit better now, but I know I'm not out of the woods yet.

I'm going to do my best to get to the gym tomorrow and the rest of the week. I gotta finish strong! Even though it's not really "finishing", I have a feeling this whole eating right, working out all the time has become part of my lifestyle. I'm really enjoying all my clothes being a bit looser, or just plain too big. It's a nice feeling. I want to keep it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers