Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fitness Challenge Week 5 - I'm sick

The cold did not get better. It got worse.

I still tried to go to the gym though, stupid mistake. I went 4 times and even though I did much lighter than usual workouts, I still managed to overdo it and now I am even sicker (that's not a word is it?).

I broke down and went to emergent care today. I had to wait over an hour, but at least I didn't have to hassle with trying to get an appointment with my regular doctor and drive all the way out to Kansas. Turns out I have bronchitis. I think it's a fairly mild case, but still, not good.

I'm officially benched and can't workout until I feel much better. It. Is. So. Hard. I'm not good at "resting" to begin with. I literally can't sit still, I'm always doing stuff. So being forced to rest is even harder. Especially now that I'm just one week away from my final weigh in for the fitness challenge! I want nothing more than to be running like a crazy woman at the gym right now. Or lifting weights, or doing crunches. ANYTHING but sitting on my rear wasting time on Facebook.

I'm on a cocktail of drugs too. Some cough pill laced with Codeine, prescription strength Motrin and Claritin-D. I took the codeine about 5 hours ago and I'm just now starting to feel the side effects. I'm so dizzy, I feel like I could fall out of this chair at any second. My thoughts are a bit jumbled too, but my mind is racing! And the dry mouth, holy lord this is torture! But at least this way I'll drink more water. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to get through an entire work day. Luckily I take the bus, so I'll just wait to take the pill until I get to work and hopefully it's wore off enough after work to drive home from the bus stop (about a 7 minute drive). I'm so stupid. I should totally take time off, but we are in the middle of planning Christmas 2010 (yes, 2010) and it all has to be done for our buyer presentation right after Thanksgiving and OF COURSE I'm taking a whole week off to go see family in Vegas the week of Thanksgiving. So I'm effed. I have to go.

This might get intersting.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers