Monday, October 3, 2011

Pregnancy - Week 34

Well tomorrow is the big 35/35 milestone.... 35 weeks pregnant, 35 days to go. I still can't decide if I'm really excited or really nervous! There's still so much to do, but at the same time we seem pretty ready.

Week 34 has been... a bit trying.  I ended up going to the doctor on Wednesday because I felt abnormally swollen. Usually I wake up to minimal swelling but that day I woke up just as poofy as when I went to bed the night before. In addition to my feet and hands being swollen I had some seriously pouty lips.  Everything ended up being perfectly fine and the nurse practitioner said the swelling wasn't that bad, however the weight gain in one week leads me to believe that I was indeed quite swollen because I haven't been eating nearly as much as before so there's no way that was all "weight gain".  Whatever. I'm thinking about telling them to stop showing me my weight. It's starting to get really upsetting, which is so silly because obviously I'll gain weight and I KNOW how to get rid of it once the baby comes, but still... it's hard.

I started doing all the baby laundry this week as well.  Wow, he has a lot of outfits!!  I believe I counted over 35 onesies and probably the same amount in sleepers.  I've been assured that they will all be used, but wow, it seems like a lot!  However, I can't complain because it was by far the cutest laundry I've ever done in my life :)  The blankets are all folded and all the clothes are put away. All I have left to do is the bedding, changing covers and random toy mats and whatnot.  We also hung the blackout curtains and I once I hang up a few more things the nursery will be totally ready!  

I also had my mom come over to teach me how to make the SUPER SECRET Italian cookies that she's famous for. I made them for my friend Erica's bridal shower and they were a hit!  Thanks, Mom! 

Physically I like to say I'm feeling alright (besides the swelling). I haven't had many bad Braxton Hicks and I feel pretty normal as long as I'm being lazy and lounging around, but I do have a pretty persistent back ache and getting up and down from bed or the couch is quite challenging and uncomfortable.  I am really looking forward to being able to move without grunting or moaning!  Also, the day I get to sleep on my stomach again might go down as a national holiday, even if it is only for an hour or two at a time. I cannot wait!

I've been going back and forth on posting pictures because I just cannot get over how puffy and exhausted I look, but to heck with it. Here you go....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers