Sunday, July 25, 2010

British Invasion

Today was the day that Zach has been waiting for!  British superpower Manchester United came to Kansas City to play the Wizards at Arrowhead.  I've never been one for soccer, but this year Zach has gotten really into it. Like, REALLY into it. Man U just happens to be his favorite team so it was a no-brainer that we'd be going to this game.  What's really awesome is that he won passes to a "Meet & Greet" with the team for yesterday, so he stood out in the sweltering heat with his friend Anthony all day long, but had an awesome experience. I'll let him tell you about it when he gets to it though. But lookie what he brought home!

The "New Arrowhead" is pretty cool!  I tried to snap some pictures as we were walking through the huge crowds. I'll be sure to get some more when we go to our one Chiefs game this year. Likely the one where we play San Fran. I'd totally have season tickets but SOMEONE likes their Huskers a little too much so we have season tickets to them.  Ah well, I like watching on TV just the same. Plus my house is heated and has AC.
Having a heated discussion about when to stand in the merch line. The correct answer would have been before the game, not after, but nobody cared to listen to me...
I thought these red lights in the concourse were really nifty

20 rows up on the 50 yard line? No, half court? Wait, mid-field? Yes, I think that's it. Whatever it was, they were kick ass seats! Hey look! Zach's shoes match our seats! Obviously, not a wife-approved purchase.


Whoops. Zoom on. 


Manchester United!


& The Wizards!


Soccer is like a bizallion times more exciting in person! I really got into it!


Nobody did. Guess they were waiting for the Chiefs game for that.


Apparently these guys are like mega-super-famous in England. Thought I'd take a picture. 


My hair plus hot and humid weather do not mix well. I can't believe I'm even posting this picture.


The Wizards won! KANSAS CITY WON!!

These people were even more excited than I could have possibly imagined.

Wizards Beat Man U from Stephanie Swalley on Vimeo.
 



I had a great time!  Zach also informed me that he signed us up for a Wizards 4-pack for next season. Sneaky, sneaky. 



No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers