Friday, July 23, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday - 7/23/10

I have recently found out that many members of my family are now reading my blog.  So, uh, Hi!

1. The first thing I do in the morning is let Ted out (Missy refuses to go outside first thing in the morning. I'm serious, she's the strangest dog ever) then get their food ready, watch the news and begin getting ready for the day.

2. Every night before bed I (you are about to know way more than you want to, get excited!) tidy up the house a little bit and pick up all the dog toys. Ted, of course, thinks this is me trying to play with him so he promptly drags all the toys back out. This goes on for a little while until A) I give up or B) Ted gives up. Usually the former. Then I drag the dogs pillows into the bedroom and fight with the dogs to get of the bed so I can straighten the covers. Then I grab two treats and use them to my full advantage, making the dogs sit on the floor while I apply lip balm, hand lotion and get into bed. (I don't know why I don't use "the power of the treat" more often. Ted will just sit there and stare at them while I do whatever I want. He won't budge! However, this only works when I'm in the same room, there have been many a time where I've gone into the next room to grab something and come back to a wet spot on the dresser and Ted licking his chops.) After I'm in bed and have claimed my space, I turn off the lights and throw the dogs their treats. 5 seconds later they jump on the bed. Missy lays up by my head, Ted on my side. (I'm assuming this is a weeknight. If it's a weekend, everything is the same except Zach replaces Ted on the bed). After we are all in I give the appropriate pats and kisses, roll over, check my phone one last time because I'm hopelessly addicted and fall asleep. Thrilling huh?

3. My favorite thing to do when I'm having a bad day is bake something yummy while drinking a refreshing Diet Coke. What can I say? I'm easy to please.

4. Something that makes me cringe is looking up property values in my neighborhood.

5. Social situations are good, just as long as it's a larger group and I'm not the center of attention. I prefer to be a fly on the wall most the time. People watching is one of my favorite things to do, but mingling has just never been for me.

6. I like to collect smashed pennies. You know, those machines you see on vacation where you put a penny and turn the crank causing the penny to smash and something to be imprinted on it? I have a bunch of them from various places. A vacation is never complete without one or two!

7. Weekends are for doing stuff!! I would love to say "relaxing" but lets face it people, I am my fathers daughter and am completely incapable of sitting around. It drives Zach INSANE because we are total opposites when it comes to that, but them is the breaks. I generally just pace around the house when there's nothing to do. It's really annoying, even to myself. I like projects.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers