Friday, July 2, 2010

Fill in the Blanks Friday - 4th of July

I've been wanting to start a weekly post and was having a hard time deciding what exactly I wanted to do. Love it list? Eh, too much thought.  Weekly update? Wow, that would be boring (sleep, work, gym, housework, dog wrangle, sleep, repeat). I recently ran across a site which hosts a "Fill in the Blank Friday" theme. Love it!  We'll see how this goes.

This week is all about the 4th of July!

1. This weekend for the 4th of July I'll be busy enjoying it! Tonight Zach and I are going to grill out and relax. Tomrorow we want to take Ted to the "people park" and then I might just go get a pedicure and do some shopping on the plaza. Sunday the family is getting together at my aunts house and I am baking "festive cupcakes" for the occasion. I'm also looking forwad to more BBQ and watermellon! Monday I have big plans to go to the pool with my friend Erica, but I'm not so sure mother nature is agreeing with those plans as there is a chance of rain. Boo.


2. Fireworks are my least favorite part of the 4th of July. I hate them.  I don't mind watching big professional displays, but watching people I know actually light them freaks me out!  It gets worse every year actually.  I usually end up hiding out inside until it's over.  Leave it to the pros people!

3. Nothing says summer like sunshine and heat! I love it!  Oh, of course I like really nice cool summer days, but I also love some heat. I hate being cold, so summer is perfect for me. I acutally get really annoyed at how everyone else seems to just love blasting the AC everywhere we go. I feel like I need to bring snowboots and a parka every time we go out to eat.  Oh I also love outdoor dining in the summer!


4. My favorite summer memory is everything from my childhood. From being "forced" to stay outside all day to eating lunch on the back porch, to making treasure maps in the open field, riding bikes, making forts, flying kites with fishing poles, running in the sprinklers, bomb pops from the ice cream man, and of course splashing in the pool. Oh man, I just loved summer as a kid. LOVE.


5. My favorite thing about summer is all the sun. It makes me happy.

6. Summer in a word is refreshing.

7. If I could choose to have summer or winter year round I'd pick SUMMER, hands down. I hate, hate, hate, hate the winter.  I would do just about anything to move to Arizona or Nevada. I'm not kidding.


Yay! That was fun! Look for more "Fill in the Blanks Friday"s to come!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers