Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Breakfast Casserole

Yum, breakfast food! I've always said my favorite meal of the day is breakfast. I just love all sorts of different breakfast foods. Eggs being pretty high on the list. Breakfast casserole always reminds me of Easter. Probably because it's what we have at my Grandma's house every year. It is extra delicious! I'm not exactly sure why I never made it myself until last Mother's day, but I'm glad I tried it out. It is so easy, totally customizable and extra delicious, especially re-heated as leftovers. I recently made a pan for a yummy New Years Eve brunch with Zach.  Here's a super basic recipe I found, but you can adapt it anyway you want.  I've used both regular sausage and turkey sausage and both were good. If you are trying to be good you could throw in some veggies (although I think veggies in breakfast food is just weird). I'm even pretty sure you could use egg substitute! Enjoy!

Breakfast Casserole
(found somewhere on the internet)

Ingredients
6 slices bread, cubed
1 pound sausage, browned and drained (or whatever else you want to use)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
8 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste

Directions
Cube bread and place evenly in a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle evenly with sausage and cheese. Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl then pour evenly into the pan. Cover and chill overnight. Remove from fridge 15 minutes prior to baking. Bake 45 minutes at 325 degrees until set. Cut into squares to serve. 
 


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers