Sunday, December 7, 2008

Merry Holidays!

So we are in the middle of the holiday season here. I gotta say, this is one of the least holiday-esque years I've experienced in some time. I'm just not that "into it" this year for some reason. Oh well, I suppose I'll get there.

We stayed here in KC for Thanksgiving. Just went and had dinner at my aunts house (where everyone either had a baby or was pregnant...seriously, like EVERYONE I know is having a baby right now). Dinner was actually pretty tasty! I made a pumpkin roll and some apple spice bars. The pumpkin roll turned out great (on the second try anyway. I kinda forgot the SUGAR in the first batch. Whoopsie). The apple spice bars didn't seem to cook all the way though. So I just cut out the edges and took those. People still seemed impressed, so I guess that's good.

Now I'm in the middle of my Christmas cookie baking. So far I've done my famous M&M Bars, Double Chocolate Chews and Pinwheels. I feel like I need to make a couple other varieties, but I'm not sure what yet. I'm thinking maybe plain ol' sugar cookies. Or those ones with the Hershey's Kiss. We shall see how much time I have. Next weekend is pretty packed....

Friday night I'm headed over to my Aunt Kathies house to visit with my cousins who'll be in from all over the country. I'm pretty excited. I always seem to have a good time visiting with them. Then Saturday I'm co-hosting a baby shower for one of the said cousins. She's due in February. She's the first cousin on that side of the family to have a kid, so it's a pretty big deal. Then that night I'm going to see yet another cousin (I feel like I need a flow chart or something) perform in the KC Nutcracker. I'm pretty excited. My mom is taking me and my brother's girlfriend's. Should be interesting.... Then on Sunday it's "Girls Christmas" here at the house. My college friends and I always get together one day in December, exchange gifts and go out to lunch. It's a little more tame than the days where we used to exchange gifts, go to dinner then get wasted. Ahhh memories.

So yeah, it's been pretty busy. My workouts have taken a serious backseat, but I'm trying to bring them back bigger and better than ever. It's just finding the time... Stress!

And now, some cute animal pictures.....

What? Like you didn't think I would... Right.

Try to ignore my awsome college pajamas. I know you are jealous of how hot I look.
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers