Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fitness Challenge - The First Issue


Well, it's out on newsstands. Everywhere. Me. Looking.... well, let's just say, it's not my best shot. I actually got chest pains when I first saw the pictures. I cannot believe thousands upon thousands of people are going to see this. WHAT WAS I THINKING!?

Luckily, the tidbit about me, including the ginormous half page picture isn't too terribly horrible. They do throw out the "skinny fat" terminology and give my body fat percentage, but I guess things could be worse. One poor girl has a picture of her actual scale reading (yeowsh!)

I do hate, hate, hate the way I look. It's horrible. I mean really? I look like that? Oh crap. I have a ton of work to do (including investing in some brow pencils).

I at least *feel* like I'm making progress. I've been to the gym every single day this month except for one. I've even been fighting a cold for the past few days, but I've still gone. I wish I could move into the gym and work out for hours straight, but I still try to at least get an hour in each day. I alternate between weights one day then hard core cardio the next. When I have extra time I'll run after weights too.

I'm still struggling with figuring out the diet thing. I got in trouble for not eating enough (I can't win people) so I'm trying to figure out how to balance getting in enough calories without blowing my allotted carbs and fat grams out of the water. It's a challenge.

I made the mistake of getting on the scale today. It hasn't budged since Sunday. I literally cried and then cussed it out and then went on about my day. The bottom line is that I feel like I LOOK better and my clothes already fit better, so something has to be working here.

I meet with the trainers again on Sunday for my "official" 2 week weigh in. I'm so nervous. It's time to kick it up a few more notches!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers