Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fitness Challenge - Official Start

Today is the "official" start day for the fitness challenge. However, I gave myself a head start. I got the list of foods I could eat last week, so I've been trying to only eat those foods. I can already tell I'm going to get really, really bored eating the same things over and over again, but I'm going to do my best.

I got my personalized meal plan a couple days ago and quite frankly it's really hard to understand. I'm going to have to ask the trainer what she means on a few things. I have to eat 6 meals a day, which sounds great, but it's a lot of work trying to get stuff ready for 6 meals and make sure that I'm eating the right amount of protien, carbs and fat at each meal. There is MATH involved! Ugh! I'm going to be doing a lot of cooking ahead I think.

The working out part seems pretty alright. Nothing really different from what I already do, just much more cardo and some more intense weight lifting. She wants me to do cardio at least 5 times a week and burn 500-1000 calories during each workout. You typically burn about 100 calories per 10 minutes of cardio so, you do the math. That's a lot of treadmill action right there. PLUS 30-45 minutes of weights 3 times a week and I'll be spending a good chunk of me evenings at the gym. Whatever works I guess.

So far I'm not feeling too hungry, so that's good. I'm eating better foods and definitely feel a lot better already. I just need to remember how good I feel whenever I really crave something bad. I'm watching the Chiefs game right now and I could REALLY go for some pizza, but I guess cottage cheese will have to do (that stuff is not my favorite, that's for sure).

Zach's been really supportive so far too. He went grocery shopping with me Friday and ate dinner with me both Friday and Saturday. We even ate VEGETABLES!! Go us! Oh and by the way Ezekial Bread is REALLY good!!! Too bad it's crazy expensive! We are still on the hunt for Quinoa though. That's not easy to find!

So, here I "officially" go! Wish me luck.

In the past week I've already lost 3 pounds and I'm just getting started!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers