Sunday, October 18, 2009

They grow so fast...

I've been lacking on the pooch pictures lately! Ted kind of ate through my camera cable so the only way to upload pictures is with Zach's laptop, which he always takes to school and work with him, so most of my pictures are cruddy camera phone images. What can ya do?

Let's start off with the Queen Bee. Missy. She's become quite the cuddle bug as of late. Follows me everywhere, they both do, but she is constantly wanting to be by my side every second I'm home. She's practically turning into another house cat. She even lays on me when I watch tv on the couch (BAD Stephanie!) . But it's just so dang cute. This picture was right before I took her to "Doggy Overnight Camp" when we went to Chicago. She totally knew something was up, but she had a blast. Miss Social Butterfly!



Ted got to stay at my parents house. They said he was happy as a clam, but he sure didn't like the car for a few rides after we got back! He decided that jumping in the front seat was the thing to do. The first time he did it I was in the front seat. Ooof! You try riding with a 70 pound Great Dane puppy freaking out on your lap! Luckily my parents live close! AND lucky for us he has forgotten he is afraid of car rides and loves them again. This picture just cracks me up though. What a baby!

Snoozing on our bed is his most favorite activity. I have about 10,000 of these pictures.

Ahem. We are going through what they call "The Teenage Years". It's not pretty. First he out grew his XL Kennel that we spent nearly $200 on. So we decided to start putting him in the kitchen with a metal baby gate with a clever little hinged handle lock a ma boo. He figured out how to OPEN IT within 2 weeks. Smart little cookie! He'd be sitting down by the garage door everyday for a week just happy as a clam! So we figured, what the heck, we'll leave him out! What's the worst that could happen?!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you "The Worst".

The carpet. All the way to the floorboards. Now, I don't think he was alone in this, Missy started a teeny hole when SHE was his age, but I think they both had a hand in this one. I blamed Missy, since she had a hurt paw and was acting out a bit already. So I sprayed the crap out of it with Bitter Apple spray and gave Ted a second chance:


Seriously. This was the Very. Next. Day. Needless to say, I was an unhappy Mommy. Doesn't he just look SO proud though!!! Needless to say, we now block him in the kitchen with the metal gate and chairs in front of it so he can't swing the door open. Sometimes he still knocks it down though. I forsee another kennel purchase in our near future.

But look what happens when he doesn't get his way, or when Missy gets one more treat than him. This. Pouty McPouterson


He's 7 months old now. I took these two pictures this weekend. What a horse! He's just so lovey dovey though. We can't imagine our lives without our furry monsters.

"Technically" he's still on the floor....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers