Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pregnancy - Week 26

The weeks are flying by now!

I really don't have a whole lot of different things to say about week 26 than I did about week 25. I suppose that's a good thing.  Everyone always says you want a "boring" pregnancy!  I did start feeling much stronger movement though.  There have even been a few times where I saw my whole belly moving around all crazy-like. Previously it had just been little tiny bumps that I'd see, but this was definite wiggling and pushing.  So crazy! Of course there are still days where I don't feel much of anything and actually find myself questioning if I felt anything at all. Then out of the blue, whammo, big kick!  It just blows my mind that sometimes I can't feel anything, then other times it's so obvious. 


This weekend Zach painted the nursery.  I'd post pictures, but you really can't tell much of a difference in them.  We went with a pretty light beige (Behr Sandstone Cove - now that I think about it, it's almost the same color as my blog background...) since I want to add a bunch of color with the Alphabet wall and whatnot.  Also, we wanted something that could easily be painted over. Our goal isn't to really create a "baby room" but a room that baby can grow into and we can easily adjust it to whatever the kid ends up liking.  I'm really trying to stay away from anything too "baby".  I hope it works.  Once Zach gets the crib assembled I can really get started on putting everything together. Right now it's all just in piles on the floor and in the closet.

We also got a glider for the room. We totally weren't planning on getting one but were going to get a nice recliner for the living room instead (and still plan on it). However when I found one for cheap on our Hallmark "want ads" I couldn't pass it up. I actually think it's going to go well in the room and it's pretty comfy too.  It will be nice to have a spot in the room to sit so I don't have to go out to the living room at night. I think it was a wise purchase!

Physically I'm feeling alright.  Two gripes. 1) I can't sleep for the life of me.  I wake up multiple times a night and have the hardest time falling back asleep. Last night I was up from 1:30 until almost 4!  I need to start getting out of bed and reading or something.  This cannot continue! 2) My feet are killing me!  They have definitely "expanded" both in width and length. I had the nicest thinnest size 8 feet before this now I don't even know what size I wear. I'm officially down to two pairs of sandals that fit and even my flip flops don't work well anymore. My heel is starting to come over the edge. I might have to break down and get some new shoes soon.  They also hurt quite a bit when I walk.  I just really hope they go back to somewhat normal after this, but I have my doubts... *sigh*.  Otherwise I'm doing great! I still think the morning sickness is trying to creep back in but I have found a big glass of ice cold water really helps nip that right away.

I can't believe this ends the 2nd trimester. I feel like this pregnancy is speeding by but when I think about when I first found out I was pregnant, it seems like ages ago.  It's just still so surreal to me. I have my first baby shower this coming weekend. I think that's when it might really hit me.  Maybe. We'll see.  It's just all so exciting!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers