Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pregnancy - Week 27

Hello 3rd Trimester!

Week 27 started off with a monthly doctor appointment.  It was the first time Zach couldn't make it so that was a bit weird, but the whole appointment lasted all of 10 minutes so it wasn't a big deal. I had my glucose test and have apparently passed because as they say "no news is good news"!  Hooray!  The test wasn't really that bad either.  The drink didn't bother me too bad and I only got shaky and nauseous for a few minutes before I ate lunch. After that, everything was fine! No big whoop!  Baby's heartbeat was great and I'm measuring exactly on track!  I only have one more "monthly" appointment and then I start going every two weeks in September!


Physically, I feel like I'm starting to get really huge. Especially when I look at pictures.  I feel like I'm starting to show it in my face (Dread! Horror!) and that's just not cool.  But it's all for a good reason, right?  I'm definitely trying to stay as active as I can. I walk after lunch for a little bit every day, "work out" a few times a week and do some light weights here and there. I'd really like to try water aerobics, but the class times are funky.  I get pretty achy at night and my feet still really hurt (don't worry, I'm wearing "more supportive" shoes now, it's helping) but otherwise I'm doing alright. So far.

Food-wise I think I'm pretty much back to my old self.  Sometimes I wish I would lose my sweet-tooth again because now chocolate is all I want.  Chocolate and milk.  I've never been a big milk drinker, but right now I just can't get enough! That's a good craving, right?!

This weekend we went on our last trip to Sioux Falls before the baby comes! I had a lovely shower which I will write about later and spent some quality time with Zach's family. It was nice! The weather was amazing too! Mid-70s and sunny!! I couldn't have asked for more!  I also got some of the best sleep I've had in months!  I must have been really relaxed :)

The nursery is still in complete disarray. Zach's putting the crib together this weekend and then once that's up and the dresser is in place, I can really get cooking!  I just need to finish painting my alphabet letters!

So here we go. The home stretch. There's so much to do and so much going on! I just hope I can get it all done!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers