Saturday, January 3, 2009

Bruschetta Chicken Bake

Yesterday I was on the hunt for a quick and easy recipe that I could make. I found this recipe in one of my Kraft Food and Family magazines. It looked simple and tasty, so I tried it. We thought it was pretty good! I served it with a garden salad and some Grands biscuits.


Bruschetta Chicken Bake
from Kraft Food and Family Magazine

1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg (6ox) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1/2 cup water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
1 tsp dried basil leaves
1 cup Kraft 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese

Heat oven to 400 degrees, Mix tomatoes, stuffing mix, water and garlic just until stuffing is moistened.
Layer chicken, basil, cheese and stuffing in 13x9 or 3-qt baking dish.
Bake 30 min, or until chicken is cooked through.

(I just realized as I was typing this that I mixed everything together in a bowl and didn't layer it. Hmm, might turn out a little better if you do it t
he right way.)

I also had some left-over frosting from my Christmas cookies so we had some yummy graham cracker sandwiches for dessert.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers